Match Report: Luncarty

Saturday 23rd November at Farquharson Park sponsored by Cherrybank Garage:

Having already done the double over the “Bleachers” this season, Scone would of gone into this game with some confidence that they could extend their recent good form v Luncarty but instead it was the visitors that would end up victorious and claim all 3 points. The rain did cause some flooding around the pitch ahead of kick off but the playing surface remained playable although the constant rain during the game added to the challenge as both teams battled the conditions. The referee Keith Maskell also had a busy afternoon with an incredible 11 yellow cards shown during the game mostly for “reckless” tackles perhaps amplified by the conditions. Scone started brightly attacking the Luncarty goal & picking up a couple of early corners with Calum Black & Darren Gray both having early chances to open the scoring. Against the run of play it was Luncarty that opened the scoring on 18 minutes when Richard Donovan gave the visitors the lead. Scone didn’t have to wait too long for their next chance and on 29 minutes won a penalty & the chance to equalize. Aaron Carlon stepped up to take the kick which was saved by Ryan Mitchell as was the rebound. Again Luncarty went straight up the other end & won a corner kick which was headed in by Bradie Heggie to double the visitors lead on 30 minutes. Calum Black had another chance before the break as did Stephen Moon but Luncarty held on to take their lead into the break.

Half time score: Scone 0-2 Luncarty

Scone went on to dominate the rest of the game and credit to them that they didn’t give up & kept going. Scone made the first change of the afternoon on 52 minutes when Martin Strachan came on for Andrew Mackenzie before Aidan Benvie came on for Darren Spence on 65 minutes. Benvie had a shot on target on 77 minutes before Willie Laing had a great chance from a free kick a minute later. Aaron Carlon had a chance on 83 minutes before Darren Gray pulled a goal back for Scone which was no more than their efforts deserved. Strachan had picked up an unfortunate knock and had to be replaced in the dying minutes by Max Avolio as Scone continued to attack the Luncarty goal. Ross Mitchell was the next to create a chance in injury time but it was Luncarty that held on to claim the win. There were no other games played in the North Superleague so Scone remain 6th with luncarty 7th who have also played a game more than Scone, the updated League table is available here.

Full time score: Scone 1-2 Luncarty

Man of the match for Scone: Calum Black (sponsored by Johnstone Carmichael) who worked hard in midfield & created a couple of chances for himself during the game. After the match Sean Whitworth (sponsored by Balajee Spice told Jaggy News “I am happy with the work rate and effort that was put in by the players. I felt that we had the better opportunities in the game, however it shows the criticality of taking those chances when they arise. Fair play to Luncarty for capitalising on two mistakes in the game. We shall work hard in training this week to fix these shortfalls“. Next up for Scone is the visit of leaders Carnoustie Panmure who visit Farquharson Park on Saturday 30th November at 1:45pm in the re-arranged game from October.

Off the park this week, Saturday’s bonus ball was number 31, there was no winners so next weeks jackpot now sits at £100, there numbers available & if anyone wants to pick one for a weekly basis they can email for more details.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.