Lochee Harp — Scone Thistle


Date Kick Off League Season
17th December 2016 1:30 pm McBookie.com League North Division Season 2016-17

KO KO 19 26 33 45 53 57 59 62 64 76 80 88 FT


Scone returned to Perthshire from a tricky Beechwood Park surface with all three points in this afternoon’s McBookie.com North Division match with Lochee Harp but were made to battle all the way and had to come back from a half-time deficit to finish the year in winning fashion.

Scone were first to threaten in the game with Fraser Mills having an effort, narrowly off target before McKillen tested Scone keeper, David Winton, from distance but the effort was easily held by the Jags’ keeper.

Mills went close again, finding space in the Harp box but wasn’t able to keep his effort under the crossbar before Allan and McKillen had off-target efforts for the hosts in a half of few chances.

That was to change just seconds before the break when the ball was worked up the Harp left before being played into Keeson in the centre of the pitch, he picked out McDonald with a good forward pass to the edge of the Scone box and the Harp striker turned beautifully to give himself space to shoot and he made no mistake from the edge of the box with an effort that gave Winton no chance.  Before the half time whistle went there was time for Allan to have a goalbound effort cleared off the line by McKenzie as Harp sought to double their advantage.

They had a golden opportunity to do so after 47 minutes when they were awarded a penalty after Macdonald was adjudged to have fouled Keeson in the box but Allan’s effort was well off target.

Scone took heart from this let off and went on to dominate the next period of play with some quick counter attacking moves that allowed Njie and Mills to test home keeper Peter Garty.   Scone had penalty claims turned down after 53 minutes when Mills went to get on the end of a Sinclair cross into the box and appeared to be barged in the back by Hodgson whilst going for the ball, however the referee waved play on.

Allan and Colquhoun fired free kicks into the Scone box without causing the visitors any concern before Scone were to get back on level terms after 59 minutes following the award of a penalty for a foul on Mitchell after he broke clear of the defence only to be forced wide by the presence of Roddy, however when the pair went into the box Roddy slid in and missed the ball, instead catching Mitchell to concede a penalty to Scone for the second game in a row.

Abi Njie stepped up to take the kick and sent Garty the wrong way for his 15th goal of the season.

Sean Fergus was next to have a crack at goal with a long range effort that went over the bar before Keeson saw an effort drift well over the top.

Scone were to go into the lead after 64 minutes with a goal worthy of winning any game.   Moon played a free kick into the Lochee box from just inside their half of the pitch and ball was knocked downwards by a Harp defender, Kevin Sinclair, urged on by Scone Gaffer, Derek Lawson, had timed his run into the box to perfection and hit the dropping ball on the half-volley placing it perfectly into the top left corner.

Harp threw waves of attacks at the Scone box and the visitors had keeper, David Winton, for holding onto their lead after 78 minutes when a dipping McDonald effort from just outside the area looked set to nestle into the back of the net but Winton stretched out a long arm to tip the ball onto the crossbar and ensure that Scone would hold on to take all three points.